Technology has grown massively in recent years, and due to certain machinery has become a lot more regularly available in the commercial market.
Take 3D printers for example. Gone are the days when 3D printers were only found in workshops or high-tech companies. Now you can get your very own 3D printer to use at home.
There is one issue that has developed from 3D resin printers being available commercially, and that is the struggle to find the best one because there are so many different types available.
If you are looking to buy a 3D resin printer you may be stumped by the wide variety on the market.
That’s why I came up with this handy guide to the best resin 3D printers on the market.
It’s packed with suggestions of the printers I think are the best and all the information you need to know before buying to ensure you make the purchase that is right for you.
|ANYCUBIC Photon 3D Printer UV LCD Photocuring...||Check Price on Amazon|
|ELEGOO Mars Pro MSLA 3D Printer UV Photocuring LCD...||Check Price on Amazon|
In a hurry?
If you need a resin 3D printer but are torn about which one to buy, I would recommend the AnyCubic Photon 3D Printer UV LCD.
This device is excellent value for money and is packed with great features which I think make it the best on the market, including:
- An easy setup process followed by ease of use every single time you want to use this printer.
- An innovative design that includes a built-in air purification system that removes the smell of resin.
- Excellent quality of build for ultimate durability including a full metal and CNC structure of the printer.
- Highly precise and fast printing capabilities as it can slice a 30M STL file in just one minute.
Review of The Best Resin 3D Printers
My favorite Resin 3D Printer on the market is the AnyCubic Photon 3D Printer UV LCD.
I love this printer because it is very high tech and packed with great features that make it stand out from its competitors.
The main thing to love about this printer is how easy it is to use considering how advanced it is.
It is easy to set up and even easier to use, which definitely makes it one of the best available.
As well as being easy to use, this device is also incredibly durable, which is another reason to love it.
The printer is designed with a full metal and CNC structure, which guarantees that it will last for years to come.
As well as having a strong build, the design of the device is also incredibly innovative.
This progressive design also includes a built-in air purification system, which is an excellent feature as it removes the odor that resin produces.
Additionally, this printer is capable of producing models very quickly and can slice a 30M STL file in just one minute.
As well as being fast, this device is also very precise as it comes with a 2560 x 1440 2K HD masking LCD screen for details.
Finally, I love this printer as it comes with a 50-LED light source that provides even light distribution and significantly speeds up the printing process.
With all this in mind, there’s no doubt that this is one of the best options available.
- Easy to set up and relatively easy to use.
- Excellent build quality with a full metal and CNC structure.
- Innovative design with a built-in air purification system to remove the stench of resin.
- Fast slicing software is capable of slicing a 30M STL file in just one minute.
- Highly precise with a 2560 x 1440 2K HD masking LCD screen for details.
- 50-LED light source for even light distribution and fast printing.
- No notable drawbacks.
Other Great Resin 3D Printers
- 【Higher Precision and Excellent Performance 】Z axis utilize linear guideway structure, which can...
- 【 Refreshing and Safer Experience】Mars Pro comes with a silicone rubber seal that can be put on...
Another excellent choice is the ELEGOO Mars Pro MSLA 3D Printer.
Similar to the AnyCubic printer, this device also comes with a built-in ability to absorb the stench that resin produces.
Instead of an air-filtration system, this device comes with carbon that is activated to absorb the resin odor during the printing process.
This printer has also been designed to improve the user convenience with the USB port relocated to the front of the printer for ease of use.
The main thing that I love about this printer is that it is highly precise and performs significantly better than the majority of other 3D resin printers on the market.
As well as being very precise, this printer is also incredibly lightweight.
This makes it a convenient option to move it around to different locations depending on what you need to print.
But don’t let its lightweight design mislead you. This printer is built with aluminum alloy for an incredibly durable build.
It is steadier and more accurate than any of the models that have come before it, partly because of its matrix 28-LED light source.
With all this in mind, it’s clear that this is a terrific printer for home use.
- Built-in activated carbon to absorb resin odor while it prints.
- A USB port is located on the front of the printer for ease of use.
- Higher precision and better performance than older models.
- Light and convenient design is still built with incredibly durable aluminum alloy.
- Matrix light source of 28 LED lights for superior print results.
- Steadier motion and enhanced accuracy than previous designs by this company.
- No notable drawbacks.
- 【SLA 3D Printer】Entry-level UV light curing LCD 3D printer. Machine preassembled and easy setup....
- 【24 Parallel LED Lighting】Compare to other printers(4 spotlights), this 3d printer uses 24...
Another great option is the LONGER Orange 10 Resin SLA 3D Printer.
If you want a printer that requires pretty much no setup then this could be the perfect choice for you.
The LONGER Orange 10 Resin Printer comes pre-assembled so the setup time is minimal, and this easiness extends to how you use the printer.
It comes with rapid prototyping and is able to produce highly precise models every single time that you use the printer.
This preciseness is partly because of the 24 parallel LED lights that line the printer, which not only improves the quality of the print but also the speed at which the printer works.
Another reason to love this printer is because it operates very quickly. It comes with fast slicing software that has the capability of outputting a 100M slicing file in just one minute.
This printer is also a great choice if you want to be able to track the progress of your printing.
It comes with a full-color touchscreen that not only previews the design but also tracks print status in real-time.
Finally, I love this design because it is incredibly strong and sturdy as it is built with a full metal body and robust adhesion to ensure it lasts for years to come.
With all of these great features in mind, it’s clear that you can’t go wrong choosing this printer.
- Comes pre-assembled so it is easy to set up and use.
- Rapid prototyping with high precision details every single time.
- Uses 24 parallel LED lights for improved printing quality and speed.
- Fast slicing software outputs 100M slicing file in just one minute.
- Comes with a full-color touch screen that previews the design and shows the print status in real time.
- Robust adhesion and full metal body for ultimate durability.
- Print quality is better than the build quality.
- Air Filter: LD002R equipped with air filtering system. There is a small box at the rear of the print...
- Fast CHITUBOX Slicing Software: LD002R uses the latest version of CHITUBOX Slicing Software which...
You should also consider the Creality LD002R LCD Resin 3D Printer. Similar to the LONGER 3D printer, this is another great choice if you want a printer that is easy to use.
The Creality LD002R comes with the latest version of CHITUBOX slicing software that provides the ultimate user experience.
As well as operating on this excellent software, this device is also capable of printing incredibly quickly as it can slice a 30M STL file in just one minute.
This allows you to print lots of different things using the 3D printer with minimal effort required from you.
The main thing that I love about this printer is how powerful it is.
This is thanks to the 30 watt powerful UV light that is built in to the printer to allow for fast printing and incredible precision every time.
Finally, we love this device because it comes with a 3.5 inch full-color touch screen.
This screen not only allows you to preview your designs before you print them but also allows you to view the print progress while the device is at work so that you will always know when the printing will be ready.
With all of these excellent features combined, there is no question that this a high-quality printer that you’ll be proud to own.
- Equipped with an air-filtering system to remove the odor of resin.
- Uses the latest version of CHITUBOX slicing software for ultimate user experience.
- Takes only one minute to slice 30Mb STL model files.
- Incredible performance and precision with 30 watt powerful UV light for fast printing.
- Easy to set up and operate.
- Comes with a 3.5-inch full-color touch screen that allows you to view print progress.
- Small design limits the size of things you can print.
- 2.5X Faster Resin 3D Printer,ANYCUBIC Photon Mono 3D Printer's printing speed is 2.5X faster than...
- High Accuracy and Strong Stability, ANYCUBIC Photon Mono LCD screen Adopts matrix parallel light...
Finally, you shouldn’t ignore the AnyCubic Photon Mono 3D Printer.
This is the second device by AnyCubic on this list, which just cements how great a company this is if you are considering buying a 3D printer.
This device also includes some of the best features that we have already looked at in previous printers.
This includes a 6-inch 2K monochrome LCD screen and a matrix panel light source, which allows the printer to produce extremely precise designs.
My favorite thing about this printer is how fast it is.
This device is approximately 2.5 times faster than the majority of other 3D printers on the market as each layer of exposure takes only 1.5 seconds to complete.
But don’t let its speed mislead you – this device still produces extremely intricate designs.
It is highly precise thanks to the printer’s light source, and it effortlessly produces outstanding prints.
Finally, I love this device because it comes with a transparent cover that blocks up to 99.95% of ultraviolet rays.
With all of these wonderful features, there is no doubt that this is one of the best options on the market if you want to buy a resin 3D printer.
- Prints 2.5 times faster than regular 3D printers.
- Rapid prototyping and greater printing efficiency.
- Comes with a 6-inch 2K Monochrome LCD and takes 1.5 seconds per layer of exposure.
- Highly precise thanks to the printer’s matrix parallel light source.
- Produces outstanding prints while being very easy to use.
- Comes with a transparent cover that blocks up to 99.95% of ultraviolet rays.
- Replacing the film when it runs out is quite time consuming.
If you want to buy a resin 3D printer but don’t know which one is the best for you, then you are in the right place.
The products that we have looked at above are some of the best options on the market, but if you still aren’t sure, take a look at this buyer’s guide for more information.
(Be sure to check out all my other 3D-printing articles too. Access them all here.)
Think About What You Are Printing
The key to buying the right 3D printer for you is understanding exactly what you want to use the printer for.
There are a huge amount of 3D printers available on the market, all of which are designed for different types of printing.
The type of printer you should buy will not only be influenced by exactly what you want to print but also the size of this design.
As well as considering what you want to print, you should also think about how often you want to use the printer.
Some printers take more time to produce the final product than others, so you should consider how often you want to use it, and buy a printer that will print at an appropriate speed.
Consider Your Own Safety
Another thing that you need to consider before purchasing a printer is the safety features that the device has.
This is especially important when you are buying a resin 3D printer as resin can be very dangerous if it comes into contact with your skin.
To avoid your skin coming to harm, you must buy a printer that comes with safety features.
These safety features might include a case that will contain ultraviolet rays or a cooling nozzle to prevent the printer from overheating.
Before you buy a resin 3D printer it is important that you check out the different options that you have, and purchase the one that suits you best.
Additional Features to Consider
Finally, you must consider the different additional features which might come with the printer.
These features are not essential to the function of the printer but they do make the experience a lot easier and more enjoyable.
For example, one feature that you may look for is a printer that comes pre-assembled so that you need to exert minimal effort to be able to use the printer.
Another common feature that has become popular in resin 3D printers is an LCD screen.
These screens are usually measured between 3 and 6 inches and allow you to preview the design that you are printing before you start the job.
This allows you to pinpoint any errors in the design before it is too late to change them.
These screens are usually touch screen for ease of use, and they usually come with a full-color display.
As well as displaying the design, these touch screens also often include a progress tracker so you can see how well your printing is coming along in real time.
Finally, some printers will also include features such as a USB port to allow you to easily access your designs or an air-filtration system to remove the smell of resin.
These features are all included to improve the quality of the printer.
So, if you are looking to buy a resin 3D printer, you should look at the additional features included, and buy one that has everything that you are looking for included.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Long Does a Resin Printer Take?
There is no precise time limit to how long 3D resin printing takes as it differs depending on what you are trying to print and the type of printer that you are using.
Precise 3D prints can take anything from 30 minutes to seven days to print, but for more exact timings you should check out how long the specific printer you have takes to print.
Is Cured Resin Safe to Touch?
Yes. Once the resin is cured, in other words, once it has hardened completely and formed a solid surface, the resin is no longer toxic.
This means that you can touch the resin without any harm coming to your skin.
What Happens If You Touch Uncured Resin?
When the resin is in its uncured form, it is toxic, which means that it is not safe to touch.
If you come into contact with uncured resin this can cause your skin to develop a condition called dermatitis.
This is a surface rash that can be caused by exposure to the resin.
Last update on 2021-06-25 at 08:48 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API