The idea that puzzles are only for children is a myth!
Both 2D and 3D puzzles are great hobbies for children and adults alike and are a great way to stimulate your mind and keep yourself busy.
You might be wondering what type of 3D puzzle kits are best suited for adults – and I’ve got you covered!
What 3D model puzzle kits are good for adults? 3D model puzzle kits come in wood, plastic, metal, and cardboard versions with difficulty ranging from easy to very complex to satisfy any adult’s tastes. Generally, the more pieces there are, the harder the puzzle will be. Architectural models and skyline replicas are very popular.
No matter what your other interests are, there’s a 3D puzzle kit for you!
In this article, we’ll look at what 3D puzzle kits are, some frequently asked questions about them, and some of the best options in the different material categories.
Let’s get into it so that you can too!
What Are 3D Model Puzzle Kits?
Going a step beyond traditional 2D jigsaw puzzles, 3D model puzzles combine the fun of doing a jigsaw puzzle with building a 3D model of an object of sorts.
These puzzles are typically centered around subjects such as trains, vehicles, weapons, and more.
When it’s time to decide what your next 3D puzzle will be, you’ll also be able to choose between wooden, plastic, metal, and cardboard/paper puzzle kits.
Wooden 3D Puzzle Kits for Adults
When it comes down to wooden 3D puzzle kits for adults, there are plenty of fantastic options available.
There are a diverse range of options to choose from. When you do, you’ll have hours of fun while you build your puzzle.
If you’re a fan of trains, you could try your hand at building Wood Trick’s Locamotive Train Set (405 pieces) puzzle.
- 🌍 [NATURAL and HIGH QUALITY] – made from natural birch ply. Safe materials and all pieces are...
- 🚂 [INCREDIBLE DIY EXPERIENCE] - building model train will draw out and propel your child’s...
If you’re looking for something a little easier or quicker, you might want to try your hand at this 19th Century Grand Prix Car kit(1:16 scale).
- 【Scale Model Vehicle】It is inspired by the evolution of road vehicles back to the 19...
- 【No Glue Needed】Unique Mechanical 3D Puzzle,laser-cut ply wood,no tonxic,environmental...
If you’re looking to build something that could be functional, you’re in luck!
You could assemble a musical wooden jewelry box (278 pieces) – and it doesn’t even require glue!
- BEAUTIFUL DESIGN - This for elise music box is a happy blend of flowing lines and crisp outlines...
- STURDY & SECURE: Elegant and stylish, 3d music box puzzle has reliable structure with locking...
If you’re looking for a wooden 3D puzzle with a modern twist – one that would even brighten up your home – you might want to consider this Tower of Serenity 3D puzzle.
Fitted with LED lights, which are included, you can brighten up your workspace.
- ✅MORE THAN JUST A WOODEN HOUSE: Your DIY model kits are a fun and unique challenge to build and...
- ✅PREMIUM MATERIALS AND A RICH DESIGN: We carefully select and create a unique blend of nature wood...
Plastic 3D Puzzle Kits for Adults
If you’re looking for a plastic 3D puzzle kit, you’re in luck!
These puzzle kits are also known as crystal kits, and there are plenty of diverse options for you to consider.
You can even shop for them via color options, depending on where you look. You’ll also be able to buy these at your local hobby shop.
Let’s get right into a few of the standout kits for your consideration.
If you’re a fan of the seaside, you could try your hand at putting together a 216-piece lighthouse that will look stunning on your shelf afterward.
You could brighten up your desk with this crystal 3D puzzle kit that features a cat and kitten duo – twice the assembling fun to be had!
Alternatively, you could build this 3D crystal treasure chest – it might just make the perfect paperweight!
Here’s what a few of them look like for inspiration:
- HIGH QUALITY COMPONENTS – Ravensburger’s 3D jigsaw puzzles will bowl you over with premium...
- PRECISION FIT – No matter how large or small our puzzles, each is precision made so that every...
- The Cat and Kitten 3D Crystal Puzzle from BePuzzled is a sleek, translucent, crystalline puzzle with...
- Take puzzling to a whole new dimension with this cat and her cute kitten
- The Black Treasure Chest 3D Crystal Puzzle from BePuzzled is a sleek, translucent puzzle with 52...
- Take puzzling to a whole new dimension with this stunning, yet functional crystal puzzle
Metal 3D Puzzle Kits for Adults
When it comes to metal 3D puzzles, you already know your end product is going to look stunning!
What it ultimately comes down to is what you decide to assemble!
There are a wide variety of options for you to consider if you’re looking for a metal puzzle kit!
You could go full-fantasy and assemble a fearsome dragon with 115 pieces, perfect for fantasy fans!
Not as fearsome but equally majestic, you could assemble a vibrant 100-piece peacock with bright metal colors!
If you’re a fan of architecture, there are a variety of puzzles to choose from!
If you’re up for the challenge, you could build a 3D replica of a Wuhan Yellow Crane Tower (357 pieces).
- 【Original Design with Exquisite Details】The Yellow Crane Tower is an unique design released from...
- 【No Glue Required & Detailed Instruction】 No glue or solder need and all metal parts would be...
If you’re looking for one a little simpler, you might consider checking out this 122-piece model of the White House in Washington, D.C.
- 【FUN TO ASSEMBLE & EDUCATIONAL】- Piececool 3D metal puzzle model kit suitable for teenagers and...
- 【FAMILY TIME】- Thrill the entire family and provide fun and entertainment piecing this DIY metal...
If you’re a movie fan, there are plenty of great 3D film prop replicas!
- 【Easy to Assemble】The metal sheets of 3D puzzle metal model kit are made of superior stainless...
- 【Move-Your-Hands & Brain Together】Release the your working pressure, enjoy hours of fun with you...
- HOBBY MODEL KIT – Unassembled model with easy to follow instructions. Ideal for ages 14 and up.
- NO GLUE OR SOLDER NEEDED – Parts can be easily clipped from the metal sheets. Tweezers are the...
Cardboard/Paper 3D Puzzle Kits for Adults
There are plenty of great cardboard or paper 3D model puzzle kits readily available online!
Paper and cardboard is a great choice of material if you’re looking for an eco-friendly puzzle. Here are some fantastic options you should consider!
If you’re looking for a great 3D cardboard puzzle, you could consider this one which features the Paris skyline, including the Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame de Paris, The Louvre, and Arc de Triomphe.
- 【4 Paris Landmarks in One】Recreate the magnificence of Paris's architecture with Cubicfun 3d...
- 【Lighting Paris View at Night】We make an upgrade for your Paris city line building kit with LED...
Alternatively, you could assemble the skyline of Dubai, featuring the world’s tallest building, the Burj Khalifa, and the 7-star hotel, The Burj Al Arab.
- 【4 Dubai Landmarks in One】Recreate the magnificence of Dubai's architecture with Cubicfun 3d...
- 【Lighting Dubai View at Night】We make an upgrade for your Dubai city line building kit with LED...
- 【7 San Francisco Landmarks in One】Recreate the magnificence of San Francisco's architecture with...
- 【Lighting San Francisco View at Night】We make an upgrade for your San Francisco city line...
- Wonderful Souvenir & Birthday Gift Choice: Remind you unique memory with friends & family in London....
- Perfect Home Activity to Enjoy Family & Friends Time: Kill your day with this tools-free model about...
If you’re looking to explore foreign landmarks in more detail, there are more detailed options available, such as this Leaning Tower of Pisa 3D puzzle.
- Built-up Model Size: 5.63" L x 5.63" W x 9.84" H/14.3 x 14.3 x 25 cm
- Medium sizes with medium complexity
There are more types of model kits that are perfect for adults. Be sure to check out this page to explore fun options – everything from cars, planes, and ships to dollhouses and Gundam!
Are 3D Puzzles Difficult?
These 3D model puzzle kits vary in terms of the number of pieces included in the kit and the level of difficulty thereof.
There is usually a correlation between the two; the harder it is, the more pieces there will be, and vice versa.
What’s the Best Glue for 3D Puzzles?
If you don’t want to take your puzzle apart to enjoy building again later, you can use a special glue while building your puzzle to preserve it.
The glue you’ll need is a craft glue known as Mod Podge, which provides the necessary adhesive to hold your puzzle together.
- CONVENIENT & VERSATILE SIZE – Add this multi-purpose, all-in-one glue, sealer, and finish in a 8...
- STUNNING, DURABLE FINISH – This handy decoupage glue comes in a beautiful clear, glossy finish to...
These glues can also provide a glossy or matte coating to your 3D puzzle, depending on the type you buy.
How Can You Preserve a 3D Puzzle?
When you’re done building your 3D puzzle, in addition to specialized glue, you can use a conserver spray.
You can purchase these online along with your 3D puzzles or at a local hobby shop.
By spraying your 3D puzzle with a conserver spray, you will give it a glossy coating while also protecting it from water damage.
- Bestselling puzzle brand worldwide - With over 1 billion puzzles sold, Ravensburger is the...
- What you get – one 20 ml bottle of permanent puzzle conserver
There’s a 3D puzzle kit for everyone, and then a few more!
Whether you want to build film replicas or functional objects like clocks, there are a wide variety of 3D puzzle kits for you to consider.
These kits vary in terms of the materials used – from wood to metal to cardboard and plastic – and levels of difficulty.
You can start off easy, completing 3D puzzles with fewer pieces and gradually upping your piece count!
Eventually, you will be a 3D puzzle assembling pro. If you use specialized craft glue or a conserver spray, you can preserve and display your completed 3D puzzle proudly.
Last update on 2022-05-17 at 05:58 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API