The world of nails is a vast one. With so many different options, selections, and styles, the process can end up being overwhelming.
That said, there’s a trend going around where people are using Gorilla glue to keep their fake nails in place, and that’s a terrifying thought.
Can you use Gorilla Glue on nails? No, you should not use Gorilla glue on your fingernails. Skin irritation, nail damage, and unsightly seepage are all possible. In addition, Gorilla glue can be very difficult to remove from your nails. It is much better and safer to use a product designed exclusively for use with nails.
Read on to find out what Gorilla glue is made of, possible hazards, and alternatives you can use instead.
Using Gorilla Glue for Your Nails – What To Know
Before thinking of adding Gorilla glue to your nails, there are several things to consider, such as safety, ingredients, glue strength, and more.
Dangers of Using Gorilla Glue on Nails
There are so many things that can go wrong if you try to add Gorilla glue to your nails.
The dangers include damaging your nails, cuticle irritation, and breathing in harmful vapors. At the end of the day, it isn’t going to be worth the risk and the pain.
Gorilla Glue vs. Nail Glue
|Gorilla Glue||Nail Glue|
|Ingredients||Sailane, Trimethoxysilyl propyl, ethenyl trimethoxy, urethane prepolymer, diphenylmethane-diisocyanate, isomers, and homologs||The ingredients vary from one company to another, but most nail glues include ethyl cyanoacrylate as the main element.|
|Safe for skin?||No. It may cause allergic reactions such as rashes.||Yes|
|Intended use||Hybrid adhesive. Bonds materials like wood, stone, metal, ceramic, foam, glass, and concrete together.||To bond the nail plate to the fake nail.|
|Strength||Incredibly strong||Moderately strong|
|Durability||Highly durable and can bond materials together almost indefinitely.||Durable after fully curing and can last for days.|
|Time to dry||Usually fully cured in 24 hours.||Fully cures within 30 minutes.|
|Ease of application||Simple, thanks to an easy nozzle at the top of the bottle.||Depending on the bottle, some are very simple to use, especially if they have an application brush.|
|Ease of removal||It varies according to the glue’s state.
If the glue is still wet, then remove with a cloth damp with isopropyl alcohol.
If the glue is dry, you’ll need to use mechanical means such as sanding or scraping.
|Easy to remove. Use soapy-warm water and acetone polish remover.|
Can I Use Super Glue for Nails?
Gorilla Super Glue is a powerful glue to use. If applied to nails, it might end with disaster. That’s because intense adhesiveness can damage your nails.
That’s not mentioning that if applied and for whatever reason the fake nail gets attached to something, it could break your actual nail or rip it off.
Since the Gorilla glue can cause allergic reactions, if it’s applied to a nail and the glue reaches the cuticle, that area may be irritated. So be careful.
What Can I Use Instead of Nail Glue?
There are several alternatives to nail glue, such as nail tabs which act like double-sided tape that adheres to the fake nails.
You can also make your own nail glue using skin-friendly materials. There are, of course, press-on nails, which come with their built-in skin-safe glue.
How To Remove Gorilla Glue From Fake Nails
The removal of the Gorilla glue from the fake nails will depend on the state of the glue itself.
If the glue is still wet, use a cloth damp with isopropyl alcohol.
However, if the glue is dry, you’ll need to remove it with a file.
Best Glue for Fake Nails
There are so many different glues on the market, and with several choices to pick from, you can end up feeling overwhelmed.
To overcome the issue, choose from the following four highly recommended types of glue to use when applying your fake nails.
Super Strong Nailbond
- ★ EXTRA-FILL Superstrong Nail Tip Adhesive with Fine Precision Brush Applicator
- ★ Quick Dry Nail Care Glue
Considered to be one of the most well-known and highly recommended glues on the market, Super Strong Nailbond has impressive reviews with many singing its praises.
It comes with a small brush that helps when applying the glue to your nail.
Even though there are conflicting reports on how long the glue will last, it can range from one to three weeks when applied correctly.
- It dries quickly
- Comes with a small brush that helps users apply the glue to their nails
- Strong and reliable seal after setting
- You need to avoid applying pressure on the fake nail within the first 24 after application
- If the glue comes into contact with water within the first 12 hours of applying, the glue will start to break.
Nailene Perfect Bond
- DURABLE & FAST SETTING NAIL GLUE - Nailene Ultra Quick Nail Glue .06 Oz Tubes - 2 pack instantly...
- NAIL CARE KIT ESSENTIAL – This quick dry nail glue has a precision tip applicator to provide...
A great alternative with an impressively affordable price tag, the Nailene Perfect Bond has a lot of fans. Its bottles have an easy-to-use design, which makes glue application a breeze.
Users who liked it stated that it’s one of the strongest nail glues available but advised to stay away from water within the first few hours after applying.
- Incredibly fast acting with many reviews claiming it’s as strong as cement
- Long lasting with reports going as far as a month
- Can be used to hold nails or repair them
- Competitive price tag
- Need to avoid hot water to have the adhesives last longer
- Aggressive activities like washing the dishes aren’t recommended
Ecbasket Nail Glue
- ★Professional Adhesive for Nails★ ECBASKET nail glue is fast drying,quick bonding,adhesive...
- ★10pcs/pack Nail Glues Kit★ 0.07oz/2g per tube, each nail tip may need 0.05-0.1g glue,one tube...
The Ecbasket Nail Glue is one of the fastest-acting glues available, so when applying it, make sure you’re giving it your full attention.
You’ll need to work fast when adding your nails. That’s to make sure the nails bond well with the glue and so that the glue in the bottle doesn’t dry out.
That said, if you make mistakes, you can remove the glue easily by using warm water and acetone polish remover.
- Good middle price
- Sets exceptionally quickly
- Strong adhesive bond that could last up to a month
- Easy to remove with hot water and acetone polish remover
- Quick setting means you need to be very attentive while applying
- Requires fast work when applying to make sure the glue doesn’t set inside the bottle
Tiphulan Brush-On Nail Glue
- Built-In Brush: With the brush, super easy and accurate to apply, spread evenly on nails. Especially...
- Expert Adhesive: Acrylic nail glue is fast drying, quick bonding, adhesive perfect, long lasting for...
Another highly reviewed nail glue, the Tiphulan Brush-On Nail Glue sells its glue in a set of four 7 milliliter bottles that should last for over a hundred applications.
This set makes the price competitive compared to others on the list and offers spares if you run out mid-application.
All bottles have a built-in brush to help the user apply the glue and avoid creating air bubbles. Reviews confirm Tiphulan’s claims that the glue will keep the fake nail in place from 14 to 30 days.
- Comes with a built-in brush for easy application
- Comes in a set of four at a reasonable price
- Easy to remove with acetone remover
- The glue inside the bottle might dry up quickly if not sealed well
- Needs user to quickly work when applying it to prevent the glue from drying up
Is Lash Glue the Same as Nail Glue?
No, lash glue is not the same as nail glue. Since eyelashes don’t go through any aggressive actions like fingers, eyelash glue tends to be weaker.
You can still use eyelash glue as an alternative but only as an easy short-term fix. You also need to be aware that it won’t be as durable or as strong as nail glue.
How Do You Use Press-On Nails Without Glue?
When you get any press-on nails kit, you’ll find that it comes with several sizes of nails to fit everyone. Thankfully adding press-on nails to your hand is a simple process.
To do that, follow the steps below.
- Clean your hand well with water and soap.
- Remove all the different-sized nails from the kit.
- Before removing any of the small adhesive tabs, pick out the ones that will fit your nails well.
- Use the cleaning prep pad that comes in the box. It’s there to remove any oils or germs on the nails.
- Remove the small adhesive tabs from the press-on nails and apply them starting with your pinky, and leave the thumbs for last.
- While applying the press-on tabs, make sure to press firmly so that they will adhere correctly to your nails.
- After you’re done applying them, file them down their edges to the desired length or look.
Everybody deserves to have wonderful nails, but that doesn’t mean that you should put yourself at risk for beauty.
Yes, Gorilla glue is a powerful adhesive, but it also comes with dangerous hazards that you should avoid.
Instead, look for skin-safe alternatives that won’t only make you look fabulous but are safe to use too.
If you still decide to use Gorilla glue or super glue and swallow some by accident, call a Poison Control Center or doctor immediately.
Last update on 2023-03-30 at 12:28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API