If you’re looking for a way to easily transfer designs onto fabric items without having to purchase specialized printers and large presses, then the Cricut EasyPress 2 might be exactly what you need.
What can you make with Cricut EasyPress 2? The Cricut EasyPress 2 allows you to quickly and easily transfer designs onto flat materials, such as t-shirts, aprons, tote bags, pillowcases, baby clothes, banners, coasters, tablecloths, and more. Because of the high-temperature capability, it can even be used for some sublimation projects.
Excited yet? You should be. This little gadget makes transferring designs a breeze, and the list of uses is really only limited by your creativity.
Just in case you’re not convinced yet, let’s take a closer look at the small but mighty Cricut EasyPress 2.
Cricut EasyPress 2
- A NO-STRESS HEAT PRESS — Get pro-level heat-transfer results with Cricut EasyPress 2, the speed of...
- ADJUSTABLE TIME AND TEMPERATURE— Control temperature up to 400 ºF (205 ºC) and set the timer to...
Using a Cricut EasyPress 2, you can put your design on a wide range of fabric items like shirts, ties, jackets, blankets, and more, but that’s not all.
You can even use it to heat transfer onto coasters, cardstock, corkboard, and similar materials.
What Is the Cricut EasyPress 2?
The Cricut EasyPress 2 is a tool that gets hot and transfers ink from a special paper onto fabric. When you hear that something is “iron-on,” this is what it means.
It is commonly used to put a group or individual’s logo or other design onto t-shirts. If you have a design you’d like to put out there, then the Cricut EasyPress 2 is for you!
How It Works
The Cricut EasyPress 2 is a small heat press machine. It gets hot – really hot. The heating surface gets up to 400℉ (204.4℃).
To go from having a digital image on your computer to having it on a t-shirt, you follow a very simple process.
You’ll want to print your logo onto sublimation paper with sublimation ink. To do this, you’ll need either a sublimation printer or a printer that can be converted for sublimation printing.
- 【HIGH QUALITY】- Over 98% Ultra High transfer rate, reduce production cost by less ink...
- 【COMPATIBLE PRINTERS & INK】- Our sublimation printer paper work with DYE SUBLIMATION INK....
- WIDE COMPATIBILITY: Hiipoo Sublimation Ink Filler for Stylus C88 C88+ EcoTankET2760 ET2720 ET2803...
- WIDE APPLICATION: Hiipoo sublimation ink is suitable for processing fonts, cartoon square pattern...
When you have your design ready to print, double-check and ensure the file is a .png image.
If it’s not a .png image, make sure your design has a transparent background. This way, you won’t end up with a white square around your designs.
Alternatively, you can print out your designs onto vinyl for a less costly approach. Then, you cut the vinyl out, and use the Cricut EasyPress 2 to transfer from the paper to the fabric.
What Does the Cricut EasyPress 2 Come With?
The Cricut EasyPress 2 comes with everything you need to operate the machine, including:
- The Cricut EasyPress 2
- A power cable
- A stand (to hold the EasyPress 2 safely while it heats up)
While it is not necessary, it is very beneficial to get a heat press mat as well for safely pressing your projects.
You simply put your project between the Cricut EasyPress 2 and the mat, and make a beautiful design with no wrinkles or heat damage!
- 【Perfect for Heat Press Projects】heat press mat is suitable for Cricut Easypress 2/Cricut...
- 【Teflon Sheet】Includes a teflon sheet for Heat Press Reusable is easily wipe off messy materials...
Does It Come With a USB Cord?
Yes, the Cricut EasyPress 2 comes with a USB power cord.
Does It Come With a Mat?
The Cricut EasyPress 2 comes with a stand for the device but not a mat.
Do I Need a Mat With the Cricut EasyPress 2?
No, you can use an ironing board or another alternative. However, the mat (find it here) is designed specifically for the Cricut EasyPress 2, so it really is the best option.
Cricut EasyPress 2 Size Options
The Cricut EasyPress 2 comes in three sizes. The smallest size is 6 x 7 inches, the medium option is 9 x 9 inches, and the biggest option is 12 x 10 inches.
How To Choose the Right Size Cricut EasyPress 2
Choosing which size you need is simple. It really just depends on your planned projects.
You’ll likely want to get the largest option if you’re printing onto large bags, blankets, jackets, and other big items.
If you’re only putting a small amount of text or fairly small designs onto shirts or similar items, you’ll want the medium one (depending on the size of the design).
Some projects may have less area, like a onesie or a pair of gloves. In this case, it may be in your best interest to choose the smallest of the Cricut EasyPress 2 size options.
If you are making a wide variety of projects, you may want to order the largest size, just to be sure.
What Materials Can You Use a Cricut EasyPress 2 On?
The Cricut EasyPress 2 works amazingly well on fabric, but it can also be used on most heat-resistant surfaces.
If there is a specific material you’d like to use the Cricut EasyPress 2 on, there are many videos explaining how to do it.
Here are a few of the surfaces the Cricut EasyPress 2 works on:
- Faux leather
Can You Use the Cricut EasyPress 2 for Sublimation?
Yes! This method provides the most accurate and detailed designs. It allows for multiple vibrant colors that do not fade to be put on nearly any polyester surface in just a few seconds!
What Other Supplies Do I Need To Use the Cricut EasyPress 2?
The supplies you use are dependent on the project you’re working on and what medium you’re working with.
If you prefer to use sublimation ink for a more costly but longer-lasting print, you’ll need your sublimation printer, ink, and transfer paper.
For iron-on projects, you can stick with simple vinyl cutouts.
In terms of simply using the Cricut EasyPress 2, you don’t need anything else to use the machine other than everything that comes with it.
How To Use the Cricut EasyPress 2
Using the Cricut EasyPress 2 is as simple as it gets. With the electronic display and adjustable settings, you don’t have to leave anything up to guesswork again!
- Plug in the Cricut EasyPress 2 and place it onto the holder that came with it.
- Press the power button.
- Set the desired temperature. The temperature will depend on what project you’re working on and what medium you’re working with. The settings needed for most projects can be found here.
- Set the desired heat application time.
- Press the temperature button again. Doing this will begin the heating process. The orange light on the right side of the display will turn green when the machine has reached the desired temperature.
- Lay your project onto a safe, flat spot. (an ironing board, a Cricut EasyPress Mat, etc.)
- When your Cricut EasyPress 2 indicator turns green, place it onto the base material for five seconds. Then, put it back onto its holder. Doing this eliminates any last-minute wrinkles before applying the design.
- Place the vinyl/sublimation paper onto your project/base. Usually, this means putting the vinyl lettering face down onto a t-shirt or other fabric item.
- Gently place the Cricut EasyPress 2 onto the project, ensuring that you cover the entirety of your design/lettering. When it’s in place, press the timer button.
- After the timer finishes, remove the Cricut EasyPress 2, and set it back onto its holder.
- Allow some time for the project to cool before removing the vinyl/transfer paper or moving it.
- Be sure to power off and unplug your Cricut EasyPress 2! Don’t forget to allow it to cool down before handing it or the mat below it!
Is the Cricut EasyPress 2 Worth It?
Yes! This little machine is essential if you’re tired of your logos coming off your t-shirts after just a few washes.
It pairs perfectly with a sublimation setup to create vibrant designs that last on any fabric, or use it for countless iron-on projects.
Cricut EasyPress vs. Cricut EasyPress 2
There are a few noticeable differences between the original Cricut EasyPress and its successor.
For example, the first Cricut EasyPress was only available in one size, while the second is available in three.
There is also a noticeable difference in heating times and maximum temperatures.
The Cricut EasyPress 2 can reach temperatures up to 400˚F (204˚C), while the first model could only reach 350˚F (177˚C).
The Cricut EasyPress 2 heats up to its maximum temperature faster than the first one, despite the maximum temperature being higher.
Do You Need a Cricut Cutting Machine To Use the Cricut EasyPress 2?
While the Cricut Cutting Machine is not necessary to use the Cricut EasyPress 2, it is very helpful, depending on your setup.
If you don’t already have a way to cut your designs out of vinyl and have been using an X-acto knife, you may want to look into getting a Cricut Cutting Machine.
This is also true if your products are in higher demand and you need to cut out the letters in the fastest and most efficient way possible.
However, if you’re on a budget and just making t-shirts or something for fun, it may be best to hold off for now. An X-acto knife and a steady hand can go just as far as a Cutting Machine.
If you run an Etsy shop, make merch for your band, want to get everyone matching shirts for Christmas, and/or want to make fun projects for yourself, the Cricut EasyPress 2 can significantly lower your workload and improve the quality of your projects.
While some may see the Cricut EasyPress 2 as a luxury, it is essential to high-quality projects.
With ironed-on vinyl or another similar medium, it is common for the designs to come off after a few washes. However, this isn’t the case with the Cricut EasyPress 2!
With this machine in your crafting arsenal, you’ll be churning out products rather than projects.
Image credit: Free Stuff Finder
Last update on 2023-06-07 at 08:48 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API